Sadly, I’ll be busy at 2pm on Friday (funnily enough), so I won’t be able to take part in the DfE’s webinar about KS2 assessment. I suspect that much of it will re-cover old ground because there’s so much confusion around. I consider myself to be pretty clued-up about things, but still there are plenty of questions I have, either because clarity has not been forthcoming, or in some cases because no information has been given at all.
So here are my ten questions for the DfE/STA to answer this Friday:
- What counts as “independent” work for the purposes of Writing assessment?
- Will self-corrected spellings, using dictionaries, count as evidence for writing assessment?
- If so, how are moderators meant to differentiate between spellings which have been self-corrected and those where teachers have directed correction?
- When will Reading & Science exemplification be published? (We were told they would be out by the end of January!)
- When will moderation happen?
- When will schools be informed that they are to be moderated?
- When the clarification document about teacher assessment be provided?
- When will we see whatever is to replace for the interim TA frameworks in 2017? (We were promised at least one year’s notice of significant changes!)
- Was any effort made to align the new Writing expectations to the old Level 4b standard, as we had been told was the intention?
- Will pupils assessed against the pre-key stage frameworks be awarded a nominal score for progress measure purposes?
And one for luck:
- Why are webinar events like this being held during the teaching day? (Again!)